trinamiX – Portable NIR scanner for plastic identification
Mobile NIR solution from trinamiX
New operating concept allows innovative material analysis
The easy-to-use NIR spectrometer from trinamiX is primarily used in the incoming goods inspection of companies that reuse and process plastics. trinamiX explicitly dispenses with many setting options and instead offers the essential functions that are controlled with an app.
You receive an analysis within seconds and can thus immediately make a statement about the type of material. The data processing takes place in the trinamiX computer centre. This further ensures that they work with the most up-to-date reference data at all times.
All in all, trinamiX offers an NIR solution that is cost-effective, very intuitive to use and with which even employees without expert knowledge can quickly gain new insights.
How the spectrometer works
The NIR spectrometer is generally placed on the sample, a measurement takes about 2-3 seconds. The data is sent to the trinamiX data centre via the smartphone or PC. The result is shown directly on the display of your device.
For further analyses, data export, etc., the trinamiX customer portal provides many functions that are constantly being expanded.
- Compact spectrometer for mobile use on trips, in production and at the customer’s site
- Intuitive operation via smartphone app or PC application
- Safe operation guaranteed even by laymen without laboratory experience or training
- Access to the latest data models
- Customer portal with additional functions for analysis and export of measurements
- Rapid amortisation due to low acquisition costs and virtually no learning curve
- High readiness for use due to battery charging for up to 6,000 measurements
Available software options
trinamiX offers the following ready-made applications for the plastics industry:
- General plastics database
This database contains all essential plastics and is constantly being expanded.
These applications distinguish PA6 from PA66.
If you want to determine the PP content in PE granulate, this application is what you are looking for.
- PET-A vs. PET-G
Differentiation PET-A vs. PET-G
Determination of recyclability of plastics according to U.S. American standards
Identification of carpet plastics
- Compostable Plastics
Distinction compostable vs. non-compostable
- Individual applications
Currently, you can only teach in your own references to a very limited extent.
This makes the NIR solution from trinamiX an indispensable aid for the fast and reliable determination of plastics, for example
- in the incoming goods department of recycling companies
- in the sorting of production waste
- in the purchasing/purchasing of material
- in sales when determining customer samples
The following materials cannot be measured, or only with severe restrictions:
- Carbon black coloured plastics absorb large parts of the light pulse. Measuring very dark or black plastics is therefore not possible. If the black colouring is produced without carbon black – for example by combining different colour pigments – measurement with NIR is possible without restrictions.
- Plastics with a high proportion of fillers. The NIR signals can thus deviate so much from the taught-in references that correct assignment is no longer possible.
A data connection to the internet is absolutely necessary for the operation of the spectrometer.