Liquid Scanner – Compact NIR spectrometer for liquids
Compact near-infrared spectrometer for liquids
New sensor technology allows compact, cost-effective design & easy operation
The easy-to-use NIR spectrometer, sized hardly larger than a postcard, is used both inside and outside laboratories, e.g. in incoming goods or production.
The Liquid Scanner explicitly dispenses with many setting options and instead offers the essential functions.
In less than 1 second, you can create a spectrum of the liquid and immediately make a statement about the type and quality. The Liquid Scanner serves as a mini-laboratory and is in many cases a simple and cost-effective solution for laboratories. Perfect for anyone who wants to enter the world of NIR spectroscopy.
How the spectrometer works
The scanning process is started with a software button on the computer. The NIR scanner measures an area of 3 x 3 mm of the liquid in a 10 mm glass cuvette. The glass cuvette is placed in the spectrometer from above through an opening. The spectrum produced is an average of the chemical composition of this liquid.
In this way, different mixtures can be recognised and distinguished.
- Small, compact spectrometer for mobile use
- Latest generation NIR detector, powerful like laboratory solutions
- Perfect for mobile use at the office and in the field
- Safe operation guaranteed even by non-experts without laboratory experience or training
- Open JDX data format allows further processing of the generated spectra (with other software solutions)
- Rapid amortisation due to low acquisition costs and short learning curve
- 2,000 h light source lifetime for over 7,000,000 times liquids identification
The scope of delivery of the scanner includes our software solution with the software base module for generation, visualisation and storage of NIR spectra. It enables experts to identify substances by interpreting the measured spectrum. However, no expert knowledge is necessary to use the Liquid Scanner for the identification of materials.
On this technological basis, we offer the use of various (ready-made) “applications”:
- Standard analysis: grouping spectra together. This enables them to recognise correlations in large amounts of data. You can teach in different groups and then create your own application from them. A classic application example for this is the incoming goods inspection.
- Standard applications – applications that we have developed for specific tasks. Examples of this:
Currently there are no standard applications pre-developed by us for the Liquid Scanner, but you can take a look at the Plastics Database and the NIR Detectability application (see last section on this page) for the Solid Scanner to get an understanding of how these pre-developed applications work
- Custom applications
If you need an individual solution for your task, we can develop virtually any complex application for you.
This makes the Liquid Scanner an indispensable tool for the quick and reliable determination of batch variations, the initial assessment of damage cases, competition analysis or incoming goods inspection.
- Engineering service providers and testing service providers use the compact scanner to draw up specifications and expert reports.
- Laboratory managers, on the other hand, appreciate the advantages for quick material analysis.
- Quality managers and production managers, on the other hand, check process steps in samples.
Specifications Near Infrared Sensor
|Dimensions||130 x 100 x 65 mm|
|Operating system||Windows & Mac. Linux upon request|
|NIR scanner||Optical data|
|Wavelength||900 nm – 1.700 nm|
|Accuracy||+/- 2 nm|
|Duration of measurement||approx. 500 ms / measurement|
|sample holder||10 mm glass vial|
|NIR scanner||Sensor data|
|ADC dynamic range||24 bit|
|Preamplifier dynamic range||6 bit|
|NIR scanner||Output data|
|Data format spectra||JDX, readable and editable with any text editor|